Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2: Captain Scarlett and her Pirate's Booty

2K Games announces the release of Captain Scarlett and her Pirate's Booty, the first of four announced add-on campaigns for Borderlands 2, Gearbox Software's recently released first-person RPG/shooter sequel. The DLC, now available for the Windows, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3 editions of the game, adds new characters, locations, and weapons. "We’re so excited at how the Borderlands 2 experience continues to grow with Captain Scarlett and her Pirate’s Booty and the fifth playable character class, the Mechromancer," said Christoph Hartmann, president of 2K. "With hours of new story-driven content to play through and an entirely new character to play as, gamers are getting a lot of additional value. The really exciting part is that we’re just getting started." Here are some screenshots, here's a trailer (as a bonus, here's a new trailer showing off the Mechromancer preorder DLC), and here's word:

2K Games and Gearbox Software announced today that the first add-on content campaign for Borderlands® 2, Captain Scarlett and her Pirate’s Booty, is now available for download worldwide on the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and Windows PC. In Captain Scarlett and her Pirate’s Booty, up to four players cooperatively enter the hostile sand dunes and wastelands of Pirate Bay in search of ancient treasures. The add-on content campaign features new characters, including the eccentric and eager Shade; locations such as the town of Oasis; enemies including the Sand Pirates and Anchormen; and special weapons and loot that make it a must-play experience. No trip to Pandora is complete without a stop in Pirate Bay.

Captain Scarlett and the Pirate’s Booty is the first of four add-on content campaigns for Borderlands 2. These four add-on content campaigns will be available individually or as a combined purchase of the Borderlands 2 Season Pass. This special offer, available now, includes nearly $40.00 of add-on content and is available for $29.99 (PlayStation®Network) / 2400 Microsoft Points (Xbox LIVE® online entertainment network) / $29.99 (Windows PC). Once purchased, the Borderlands 2 Season Pass enables gamers to download all of the announced add-on content campaigns as they become available on the PlayStation®Network, Xbox LIVE and Windows PC. All four add-on content campaigns are scheduled to be available by June 2013.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

61. Re: Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2: Captain Scarlett and her Pirate's Booty Oct 16, 2012, 21:15 Nadool

Creston wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 20:30:
And does Helquist drop that shield in PT1 too? Is it even worth farming for it in PT1?

I have only seen level 50 versions so I can't say for sure if it does drop. I would say that it is probably not worth farming until TVHM. I use it with a Maggie and a Skullmasher and it's ridiculous. My advice would be just plow through PT1 then the fun begins. TVHM is hard at first but only because you have PT1 gear. Once your gear catches up it feels more like a fair fight.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo