Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Diablo III Version 1.0.5 Tomorrow

A post to the Diablo III Forums announces that the version 1.0.5 patch for Diablo III will be deployed tomorrow:

We will be performing scheduled maintenance for Diablo III starting tomorrow at 3:00 a.m. PDT in order to deploy patch 1.0.5. We anticipate that maintenance will conclude and that all services will be available by approximately 1:00 p.m. PDT.

Important: Please note that you will not be prompted to download patch 1.0.5 until the patch is live in your home region. If you are logging in from a European or Asian client, you will need to wait for this patch to release in that region before it can be installed. Additionally, if your home region is the Americas, you will be unable to log into Europe or Asia using Global Play after patch 1.0.5 is live until those regions have also patched.

For reference, here are the scheduled maintenance times for each region:

The Americas: 3:00 a.m. PDT (10/16) to 1:00 p.m. PDT (10/16) Europe: 6:00 p.m. PDT (10/16) to 4:00 a.m. PDT (10/17) Asia: 11:00 a.m. PDT (10/17) to 9:00 p.m. PDT (10/17)

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

6. Re: Diablo III Version 1.0.5 Tomorrow Oct 15, 2012, 21:19 eunichron

LaxerFL wrote on Oct 15, 2012, 20:58:
Silicon Avatar wrote on Oct 15, 2012, 20:49:
I'm sort of glad I skipped this one. Maybe if enough expansions come out it'll be a fun game.

It's weird. It isn't a BAD game, it just isn't as good as it could/should be. I did enjoy playing a Witch Doctor for a little bit. There is no way I could finish Inferno though. Not because it is too hard but because the game gets REALLY boring at that point. You have all your spells and abilities available to you WAY before you beat Inferno. There is no character progression after that and really what is the point? I never played Diablo 2 for the item grind. I just wanted to see how close to 99 I could get. I got a necro to 94... before the expansion, lol! That was a lot of Chaos Sanctuary runs!!

I understand the people who boycott the game because of always-online or RMAH, but I really don't understand the people who continue to sink hours upon hours into it while at the same time deriding it for how terrible it is. If the game is so awful, why did you put 200+ hours into it? Why did you kill Diablo on Inferno with every class? Obviously the game meant at least something to you to devote that much time to it.

I put about 100 hours into it before I gave it up for other games. Not that I didn't like it, it just didn't hold my attention long enough. It certainly wasn't a bad game, it wasn't a great game either. I got my $60 worth and moved on when I got bored of it. I may or may not reinstall it down the road, but for the time being I have a massive backlog of games to work on.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo