Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

The weatherman suggests this may be the last nice weekend of the year in these parts. I hope he's wrong, but I will try and appreciate how pleasant it is in case he's right.

Also, a forum user requests that other users here consider restricting their signatures to the actual signature, rather than also appending some form of signoff to the body of each post, as it promotes formatting problems in nested quotes. Seems like a worthwhile request, so I thought I'd pass that along for everyone's consideration.

Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Pocket Creature PVP.
Stories: Bees in France produce blue and green honey; beekeepers blame M&Ms. Thanks Cutter.
Customer learns security company that claims to be nationwide only operates in 8 states.
Laser strikes against airplanes now an “epidemic,” says FBI. Being an asshole is contagious.
Science: Turd-eating worms clear air around Canadian toilets.
Media: Neglected Ducks Get Their First Swim.
NBA Worst Flops of All Time.
Egyptian parkour style - total fail. Thanks reddit.
Follow-up: Climate change disbelievers get most column space in U.S. and UK newspapers.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 6, 2012, 20:23 nin

netnerd85 wrote on Oct 6, 2012, 19:44:
Sepharo wrote on Oct 6, 2012, 19:40:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 6, 2012, 18:43:
Creston wrote on Oct 6, 2012, 17:22:
If you want me to stop, Blue, I'll stop. It's your forum, your rules.

I personally don't see what the big deal is, and it's kind of the thing I've done around here ever since I joined, but eh. Like I said, I'm not going to stop because trolls whine about it, though I considered stopping when Dades actually politely asked.

So, your call.

Creston ( )

So I quoted you, and don't see the problem....I dunno...just a dumb cop I guess...

xXBatmanXx

Maybe more nesting will reveal the problem!
...Nope.

-Sepharo

edit: Actually I'm finding it a little bit easier to identify the author of the nested quote. Perhaps it should be mandatory.
Agreed with edited comment, Mandatory indeed!

-netnerd85

I was a little skeptical, but you're both right. By including the name at both the top and the bottom, it does make it easier.

Man, did this backfire!

(-nin)

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo