Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Loot Drop Kickstarter Interview

An interview on Gamasutra talks with Tom Hall and Brenda Brathwaite of Loot Drop about their just-announced Kickstarter for an "old school RPG." They discuss their goal of melding traditional elements like character development and investment with modern elements like advanced graphics. There's also a discussion of how the pair will be developing two different parts of the same game world, which explains why one of the Kickstarter's stretch goals is two separate games. Here's a bit on that:

Brathwaite and Hall have conceived of the game as having two distinct worlds part of the same universe and the same timeline, where one of them is fundamentally Brathwaite's and the other's is Hall's, with a bridge connecting the two.

Hall's second world is viewed as something of a sequel if the game's stretch funding goals are met. But ultimately the pair will collaborate on all aspects of development, and in Hall, Brathwaite has the ideal complement to her RPG values.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

23. Re: Loot Drop Kickstarter Interview Oct 5, 2012, 16:52 Cutter

Optional Nickname! wrote on Oct 5, 2012, 16:17:
There is a lot of shameless and unabashed rudeness in this thread towards these people who are an integral part of gaming history and whose accomplishments are, like it or not, a large part of why this site exists and why YOU are a gamer.

Show some deserved respect or I'll 'make you my b*tch'.

Really? You couldn't be more wrong on this count. And their resumes bear that out. They fall entirely into the category of lucky, not good. Nothing exists in a vacuum, without Ford, Edison, etc. we still would have had the car, light bulb, etc. sooner or later. And those people certainly did not create gaming, much less video gaming. Then again you would have actually have to gone to arcades and played PnP RPGs to know that.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo