Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Mount&Blade II: Bannerlord Announced

TaleWorlds has a brief teaser trailer up for Mount&Blade II: Bannerlord, an upcoming sequel to Mount&Blade, their action/strategy/RPG. We have no explanation for failing to note this at the time it was posted last week, but thank dj LiTh for rescuing it from falling between the cracks completely. There's not much to go by in the trailer, but its description includes a little information:

TaleWorlds Entertainment is proud to announce the next installment in the acclaimed Mount & Blade game series, entitled: Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord. This sandbox action-RPG strategy hybrid will take players on a journey into a fictional world of up-close and personal medieval combat on a huge scale, bigger, bloodier and more intense than ever before. Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord will build upon the popular Mount & Blade franchise bringing in many exciting and highly requested new features.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

8. Re: Mount&Blade II: Bannerlord Announced Oct 2, 2012, 22:41 jacobvandy

WyldKat wrote on Oct 2, 2012, 18:53:
Warband was my first but I have to say I was disappointed that online was basically team deathmatch, I was hoping for the grand strategy of the single player game to be included in the multiplayer.

The same gameplay as the SP campaign but with multiple people wouldn't work very well, unless they restricted the interactions to battles. Which, lo and behold, they did.

Each person heading up a faction and riding around with their own army waging war on others would be awesome, indeed, but I imagine you'd have to completely remove the battles and keep it to auto-resolves based on your party's strength. Wouldn't be so cool to lose half your territory to someone else while you're spending a load of time sieging a castle...

Maybe it'd work if you had several people PER faction, like a leader coordinating everything and a few generals leading the armies around to do the fighting, but the day they pull off something that complex, and well, is the day they become the #1 PC dev studio on the planet. Which probably ain't gonna happen.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo