Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Chris Roberts Interview

GameSpot has a chat with Chris Roberts in advance of the game announcement we're all presuming will follow the recently discovered countdown on the Roberts Space Industries Website that's set to run out on October 10th. While the Wing Commander creator is still holding his cards pretty close to the vest, he discusses his lack of desire to make a mobile or social game, and how he has secured private funding so he can forgo working with publishing partners like Activision or Electronic Arts. He also doesn't discourage the presumption (supported by this teaser trailer) that this new project will be the type of space combat game he helped pioneer. "A couple years ago, I came to the point where I was playing stuff and I was feeling like the technology was getting to the point where I could do some stuff that I was interested in again. The level of immersion and realism that you can do [today] is significantly higher," Roberts said. "I want to get back to the roots of what I did in the old days with Wing Commander, which was, if you've got a really badass PC, this is going to show it off."

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

10. Re: Chris Roberts Interview Oct 2, 2012, 16:39 Muscular Beaver

Creston wrote on Oct 2, 2012, 16:30:
It'd be awesome to see a new space sim made by CR, but without the actual TEAM that did the Wing Commanders, who knows how much of the feel he can recapture?

It'll be an interesting thing to watch, that's for sure. And I'm glad he's (apparently) managing to avoid having to work with the fucking publishers who would be death to a game of this kind. Here's hoping his private funders will allow him to build exactly the game he wants.

Creston

Yeah youre right. IIRC CR actually left Freelancer at the end of development because of problems with the publisher. So maybe if he doesnt have to care about some publishers bullshit, and he is there from the start to the end, it might actually be better than Freelancer.

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo