Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Guild Wars 2 Patched

The Guild Wars 2 Website has details on a new patch that's now live in Guild Wars 2, ArenaNet's MMORPG sequel. The notes outline a bunch of bug fixes and class-specific balance changes, as well as a couple of changes to address OS X issues.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

27. Re: Guild Wars 2 Patched Oct 2, 2012, 16:36 Muscular Beaver

Creston wrote on Oct 2, 2012, 16:26:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Oct 2, 2012, 15:25:
I just started it. Only played a few hours and am only level 6.
The game feels very nice (except for the movement/camera input lag) and is MUCH more challenging than WoW so far.
I dont get many things yet, for example I seem to be leveling very slow, or be unable to kill mobs higher than 2 levels than me, or generally have not clue what some random sounds mean or other stuff that I get, but its still a lot of fun. I havent explored a lot at all. The game feels very new still.

The game is pretty dang hard. Anything more than 2 levels above you is almost a death sentence, so if you're suddenly seeing stuff that's 2 or 3 levels above you, you probably wandered too far into a slightly higher part of the zone. Try going the other way, and it should scale up fairly gradually. Note that the beginner zones are for levels 1-13(or even 17), so it's definitely possible to walk too far and suddenly be in suicide country.

Even though it's a bit boring to play, it wouldn't hurt to start with a warrior until you get the hang of playing. Especially in the beginner zones, Warriors are just pure death machines, and they can tank 3 or 4 mobs without too many issues. A thief otoh will die if 2 deer happen to gang up on her...

If you have any questions, just let us know.

Creston

I'm playing an elementalist. Its not too hard. I noticed myself that I went the wrong way and suddenly saw mobs much higher than I was. Still I'm dying much more often than I ever did in WoW at low levels.

I have a few questions. I sometimes get some weird ping sound or whatever when I am exploring. Its not the sound for finding a waypoint or something. Its different. I would really like to know what that means.
Also I have no clue how to discover the "undiscovered vistas". When I go there, I don't see anything of interest, nor will it "discover".
Also, are there no visible pants available? My female char looks like a prostitute.

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo