Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Gatherings & Competitions

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

103. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 2, 2012, 13:40 netnerd85

D-Rock wrote on Oct 2, 2012, 13:14:
Perhaps I misunderstood and something got lost in my translation, but doesn't bold text and CAPS indicate an intensity beyond a normal tone?
I was just trying to get you to focus on that question rather than talk about the rest of what I said, which funny enough you didn't touch. So it was to "focus" or highlight rather than add "emotion" as such.

D-Rock wrote on Oct 2, 2012, 13:14:
Disagree. It's a personal choice. It is very personal. It's up to each and every couple. What couples do with each other has nothing to do with anyone and there's no reason to comment on what other couples do.

When did I say anything about personal choice? I was just referring to how society views marriage and how that view has changed. Of course it's a personal choice. What exactly are you disagreeing with?
Well you said:
Marriage is a concept that is becoming less of a necessity in our society. No, it's not dead, but relationships outside of marriage are perfectly acceptible in our society. That's why I want to know more about what people see as a benefit to same sex marriage.
Which on first read sounds like you meant it's not important which I disagree with. The majority still get married, probably for vastly different reasons than say 30-40 years ago but they still get married. Although I think that may dramatically change with the next generation.

The personal choice stuff, I was just talking about marriage being a very personal thing and people do it for all kinds of reasons. Some do it for status, some do it for benefits and some do it for what seems as the ultimate statement of love, "the commitment". Why deny at least 10% of the population the opportunity to be able to?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo