Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Gatherings & Competitions

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

56. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 1, 2012, 13:49 Beamer

RollinThundr wrote on Oct 1, 2012, 13:46:
Beamer wrote on Oct 1, 2012, 13:42:
RollinThundr wrote on Oct 1, 2012, 13:35:
Beamer wrote on Oct 1, 2012, 13:22:
RollinThundr wrote on Oct 1, 2012, 13:15:
Verno wrote on Oct 1, 2012, 12:15:
Listen to yourself, "They deserve protection" If they didn't have the need to constantly announce "We're gay pay us extra attention" No one would care in the first place

Nah that's totally invalid, there are countless examples of gays who do not dance in parades in San Fran being persecuted for their sexuality. The whole reason they need to have special interest groups is precisely because like many other minorities, they are attacked for being different. Gay people shouldn't have to hide their sexuality anymore than you or I should.

I hold pretty conservative values and there are a billion shitty special interest groups that need to stop whining but I'm a big believer in the right to free speech and expression.

I agree they need not hide, because really who cares if bobby likes boys? Or whatever. I'm just over the idea that the rest of us owe them anything because they're gay. Honestly who cares?

Who said we owe them anything, other than you know, equality?

This conference isn't about owing anyone anything, it's about letting gay people play video games competitively without constantly hearing that everyone that kills another person is gay, or to blow them, or whatever else idiots say over XBL, PSN and CS:S.

Perhaps they shouldn't play online then if they're that offended. Or only play with people they know? Surely this isn't why they've decided to have a gay only "video game convention"?

Let's just be honest, not that it matters but it is a cry for attention as usual. Look at us we're gay gamers we're going to have our own show, because we're gay! Big deal.

Isn't this Conference basically playing with people they know?

Also, where is it "gay only?" Do you think they make you have sex with a man before letting you register?

Lastly, no one really seems to be giving it as much attention as you and RailWizard, so I doubt it's a cry for attention.

I think the point I was trying to make that obviously eluded your simple liberal mind, is we have game conventions already, and being gay has zero to do with gaming, what's the point?

And the point I'm making is that, at nearly any of these conventions, you're likely to have people going "that's gay" or "you're gay" or "that kill was gay," or somehow using homosexuality as a negative. It's pretty much a given in any form of gaming, whether related to the gaming or not.

So people that are tired of hearing that the way they are born is a synonym for someone getting a cheap kill are getting together to avoid.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo