Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

I got great news from my buddy Devicer, as his cat Josie showed up yesterday after being missing for almost two weeks. Anyone who knows her wouldn't be that surprised that she was able to take care of herself out in the country on her own through heavy thunderstorms and cool autumn nights, as she is that classic tough alpha cat (she used to try to pounce on Hudson the wonder dog in hilarious Cato versus Inspector Clouseau scenarios), but she's also a 16 year-old housecat, so hope was beginning to fade with every passing day. She's by far my favorite cat in the world, so I am overjoyed that this story has a happy ending. It's just too bad she can't tell us what happened.

Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Jacksmith.
Links: Warping Through Star Trek: The Next Generation's 25 Years With Ronald Moore. Thanks nin.
Celebrities with the Highest IQs.
Stories: U.N. chief duped by prank call from fake Canadian PM.
Higher risk of divorce when men do housework, Norwegian study finds.
Science: What does the Higgs boson look like?
Experimental medical implants perform tasks then dissolve.
Media: Smart car with Hayabusa engine.
Jimmy Fallon and Jerry Seinfeld During The Commercial Break.
Diablo 3: Night of 1000 Errors.
Practical Examples of Murphy's Law. Lesson? Always record amateur construction.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 28, 2012, 14:39 Ratty

Creston wrote on Sep 28, 2012, 14:03:
Reading the TNG article just really makes me sad to think they cancelled that show for make room for the horseshit that was Voyager. I've been watching Voyager on Amazon Prime, and it's just staggering how much worse of a show it is than TNG. The only really interesting episodes are the ones where people die and the whole ship gets destroyed, but you know that the big fat reset button will get hit at the end of the episode, and everything's back to normal in the next. Ugh.

Fuck you, Rick Berman and Brannon Braga. Fuck you, fuck you, FUCK YOU!

Creston

Yeah, so everyone's going to hate me now but I loved Voyager and couldn't ever get into Deep Space 9. Voyager wasn't perfect (they really castrated the Borg and introduced then ruined Species 8472) but I still loved watching it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo