Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Notch Knocks Win8: Minecraft Certification in Doubt

A tweet by Minecraft creator Markus 'Notch' Persson relates an exchange with Microsoft about Windows 8 and the indie sandbox game: "Got an email from microsoft, wanting to help 'certify' minecraft for win 8. I told them to stop trying to ruin the pc as an open platform." He follows this expressing his distaste for the process and the new OS: "I'd rather have minecraft not run on win 8 at all than to play along. Maybe we can convince a few people not to switch to win 8 that way.." Thanks Computer and Video Games.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

84. Re: Notch Knocks Win8: Minecraft Certification in Doubt Sep 27, 2012, 20:25 Spektr

The best workaround is to keep using windows 7 ( or xp )

Personally I have nothing against Windows hunting on Apple's territory... the Iphones were something to write home about when they came out because they were doing something new. Something that hadnt been done before. Now they can improve them every year but everybody's free ( even if not welcome) to play that game now and to even to win that game. As much as I despise MS's schemes to make more money. I get the feeling that what they are doing in the mobile sector will still be better than Apple. Apple's schemes to cash in and to control their system has been a brake to innovation. Look at Android.. No wonder the student ( the copycat) surpasses the Master ( the original) Now it's indeed pretty unlikely Windows will be at the head of innovation but I would still favour it over an Apple product. I just can't agree with a product that doesnt have standard ports without a good reason. I am no expert but I am just a customer. I have no antipathy for Microsoft's mobile efforts but I have the feeling their policy is going to ruin their efforts. It can't escape them that the only reason Apple could force an expensive mobile with a closed system down their customers' throats was they were bringing something new to the table and setting new standards. It doesnt sound to me that it is the case Where MS is concerned. And as for the desktop version..... Touchscreen interface may be the new cool kid in town but I have yet to see it beat the comfort of a mouse and keyboard... Ok this is going to be the cheapest iteration of MS windows ever but I am not sure the argument is good enough to weigh in their balance. Some lesson not learned with Vista. The only reason so many people buy their OS is the third party programmes that run on them. if someone could take all the games that run on Windows and make them linux-compatible-only overnight. Millions of people would spend their night trying to install Ubuntu.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo