Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Far Cry 3 DRM Details, Specs

Ubisoft sends along system requirements and other relevant details about the Windows edition of Far Cry 3, the upcoming first-person shooter sequel. This includes three sets of specs (minimum, recommended, and hi-performance) as well as details on DRM, which, following recent indications, does not require a persistent internet connection, just a one-time online activation. Here's word:

Jump into an optimal Far Cry 3 experience with three sets of specs for a vast array of machines:

Minimum Specs
DirectX9c graphics card with 512MB Video RAM
Dual core CPU
4GB Memory

Example minimum 1 (NVidia/Intel)
NVidia GTX8800
Intel Core2 Duo E6700

Example minimum 2 (AMD)
AMD Radeon HD2900
AMD Athlon64 X2 6000+

Recommended Specs
DirectX11 graphics card with 1024MB Video RAM
Quad core CPU
4GB Memory

Example recommended 1 (NVidia/Intel)
NVidia GTX480
Intel Core i3-530
Example recommended 2 (AMD)
AMD Radeon HD5770
AMD Phenom II X2 565

Hi-Performance Specs
Latest DirectX11 graphics card
Latest quad core CPU
8GB Memory

Example hi-performance (NVidia/Intel)
NVidia GTX680
Intel Core i7-2600K

Example hi-performance (AMD)
AMD Radeon HD7970
AMD Bulldozer FX4150

A one-time activation of Far Cry 3 for PC is performed via Uplay PC. An internet connection is required for this one-time activation process. Once activated, the game can be played online to enjoy new social features in single player and multiplayer, such as Friends, Party and Chat, or switched to offline mode in the Uplay PC settings menu for a single player experience without broadband connection.

Far Cry 3 is scheduled to release in North America on December 4, 2012 for Windows® PC, the Xbox 360® and the Sony PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

14. Re: Far Cry 3 DRM Details, Specs Sep 25, 2012, 15:23 Matshock

DangerDog wrote on Sep 25, 2012, 15:05:
I wonder how much consolitis this one will suffer from, far cry 2 didn't support fov adjustments, it was locked down to 65.

FC2 got a FOV mod not long past release.

This is a $60 game anyway- by the time it gets down to where I want it there will be a FOV mod if its not an option on release day.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo