Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

The Secret World's New Game Director

Funcom announces Joel Bylos has taken up the reins as Game Director of The Secret World, their conspiratorial MMORPG. The game suffered recent layoffs which included the game's lead designer, and this post from Ragnar Tørnquist explains Joel's role in the operation as well as how Ragnar is stepping down as the game's senior producer to focus on his role as creative director. "Being given the opportunity to lead the game into a bold, new future is definitely a dream come true for me," says Bylos. "I am very proud of what we as a team have created with ‘The Secret World’, and it is truly a brilliant canvas that will allow us to create more groundbreaking MMO experiences for many years to come. ‘The Secret World’ is only really getting started, and with a game world that draws upon our own, real world, there is no limit to what sort of amazing stories we can tell and fantastic locations we can visit in the upcoming content updates."

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

11. The Secret World's New Game Director Sep 25, 2012, 02:18 bfg9000

Don't believe the "no levels" claim. There is an XP bar along the bottom of your UI. There may be no levels precisely but its still grind>ding>spend points>grind.
No classes? What the smeg are those "decks" then?

Don't believe the "Innovative quests" claim. Yes there are some fantastic (by MMO standards) deliciously different quests. But the bulk of them are gathering, delivering and grinding mobs.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo