Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steam Top 10

Here's Valve's list of the ten bestselling titles on Steam for the past week:

1. Borderlands 2
  2. Torchlight II
  3. Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
  4. FTL: Fater ThanLight
  5. Borderlands 2 Season Pass
  6. XCOM: Enemy Unknown
  7. Arma II: Combined Operations
  8. F1 2012
  9. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Dawnguard
  10. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

138. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 28, 2012, 01:41 Creston

Bhruic wrote on Sep 27, 2012, 17:09:
Well, finished my first playthrough as Assassin, unlocked the harder difficulty level. Man do I hate the boss fights in this game. I'm not sure why they thought "massive hps and the ability to either 1 or 2 shot you" is a fun game mechanic, but it really isn't. Luckily there tends to be semi-exploitive spots you can stand that'll minimize the damage you take, so you can get through them.

Now I'm wondering if I want to play more with the same char, or advance some of the others (I got all 4 chars as far as Sanctuary just so I could swap them their appropriate skill mods, so I didn't sell any that turn out to be good)? So far the Assassin and Gunzerker seem to have the weakest active skills - although I suspect the Gunzerker gets better as you go. I almost never used the Assassin one just because it's extremely situational - or so it seemed to me.

Oh, and Creston - unless you end up getting bad luck, you really don't have to worry about finding good quality stuff, by the end, I'd found at least a few dozen purples, and somewhere around 10 oranges. You go through tonnes of crap stuff, true, but the better gear is definitely dropping well.

Yeah, on my assassin so far I'm finding tons of stuff. It's just the typical Borderlands "random loot fucking you over" Syndrome. It hit my Siren for about 8 levels, but even she'd gotten a few better drops after that.

As for the Assassin being the weakest active skill, yeah, I don't agree. If you go Melee, the Stealth+Melee will absolutely OHKO pretty much every non-boss enemy in the game, including badasses. You add the ability with it that resets your timer when you kill someone, and you can basically wipe out a whole room without any of them ever having a chance to do anything to you.

My Assassin is having NO problems whatsoever with Wormhole Treshers. Oh, a Tresher is pulling me in. Stealh+Melee=One Dead Wormhole Tresher.

Against harder critters (like the Mutated Badass Varkid, for example), it's the ultimate kite. Snipe snipe snipe, stealth, run away, snipe snipe snipe, stealth, run away, etc.

And not to forget that even his sniper rifle gets a substantial boost from stealthing. Realistically, if your stealth is sitting there fully charged and you DON'T use it, and you're not currently running around Sanctuary or something, you're doing it wrong. You need to stealth as soon as it comes back on, so your DPS can just jump to an entirely new stratosphere. Kill the weaker enemies during the charge-up, then wipe out the big guy with a single cloaked shot.

And this is just at levels in the high teens. I can't imagine how absurdly powerful he gets at level 30+, when I have a dozen more skillpoints.

I found the Gunzerg ability less useful, but really only because I can't aim for shit if I have to hold down both mouse buttons. Why you can't just fire both weapons with the left mouse button in zerg is beyond me. Isn't the whole POINT of the ability that I can fire both of them at the same time? Why would I want to fire one and not the other? So why does it have dual mouse-button functionality?

The Siren is also awesome, but I found turret guy pretty underwhelming. Yay, he throws a turret that is quite shitty for the first 20 levels or so.

Btw, who all did the "Loggins" mission, where you have to go into the Buzzard base on Goose's Platform, and burn down their volleyball net, went to turn it in, heard Loggins say "You can be my wingman any time" and automatically responded with "Bullshit! You can be mine!"

Come on. I can't be the only one who did that...?

Creston

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo