[Sep 14, 2012, 09:37 am ET] - Share - Viewing Comments
The Guild Wars 2 Forum
offers notes for a new patch that went live today in ArenaNet's MMORPG sequel (thanks Acleacius). Here are is the change list for the new version:
- The Mistfire Wolf skill will now properly unlock for existing characters on an account after upgrading to Digital Deluxe.
- Fixed blocked events and skill challenges.
- Fixed bugs that allowed players to go around map edges.
- A number of items created by using Mystic Coins are now correctly set to level 80.
- Fixed a blocking bug in story chapter “Brute Force.”
- Fixed a blocking bug in story chapter “Research and Destroy.”
- Fixed bugs in story chapters “Forging the Pact,” “Battle of Fort Trinity," "The Ghost Rite,” “On Red Alert,” and “Tower Down.”
- Score interval increased from 5 minutes to 15 minutes.
- Stonemist Castle points reduced to 35 points from 50.
- Bonus thresholds reduced by half to prepare for one-week matches.
- Castle lord, bodyguards, and capture point for Stonemist Castle moved to the first floor.
- “Harpy Feathers” consumable effect disabled.
- Bridges fixed to make passable for NPCs.
- More fixes to pet commands and AI.
- Signet of Air: No longer has infinite range.
- Whirlpool: Now works underwater in PvE.
- Glyph of Renewal: Resurrection effects of Earth, Fire, and Water now surround the caster, not the target.
- Deception: Movement now allowed after casting underwater.
- Spatial Surge: Improved responsiveness.
- Mind Stab: Improved responsiveness.
- Made several more skills usable while moving: Brutal Banner, Compassionate Banner, and Furious Rally.
- Rush: Improved the ability to hit fleeing foes.
- Mighty Blow: Added a slight movement distance.
- Bow of Truth: Now usable while moving.
- Defender’s Shield and Honorable Shield: Merged together into the same trait.
- New trait Glacial Heart: Critical hits with a hammer have a 50% chance to chill your target for 4 seconds. This effect can only occur once every 45 seconds.
- Heartseeker: Reduced damage of the 100%-50% threshold by 20%. Damage thresholds changed. Old: 100%-66%, 66%-33%, 33%-0%. New: 100%-50%, 50%-25%, 25%-0%.
- Disabled the “stowing” auto-attack to prevent players from getting stuck holding these kits: Bomb Kit, Elixir Gun, Flamethrower, Grenade Kit, Med Kit, and Tool Kit.
Enter the details of the comment
you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at
the bottom of the form.
||Re: Guild Wars 2 Patched
||Sep 14, 2012, 14:46
Dades wrote on Sep 14, 2012, 14:21:
Creston wrote on Sep 14, 2012, 13:55:
I knew about combos, but I will readily admit I didn't know you could combo with yourself. Though since you'd need to get two skills specifically to line up this one combo, and usually the results last a few seconds, I do wonder if it's really all that useful?
Is this something you could set up by yourself to apply to multiple enemies? If so, then that'd be pretty awesome.
Thanks to Verno and NewMaxx who also linked to the same article(s)!
It depends on the situation, many of them aren't worth the setup in solo PVE content. Like NewMaxx and Verno mentioned you should learn them for grouping purposes. Some of the dungeons are really rough if people just trait for DPS and don't use combos, cross-class or self initiated. Things like Blind and Weakness can make a huge difference in group survivability, they help even out incoming damage which is very high in dungeons.
Yeah, but I was already a condition-heavy build (mostly blind, actually, but that works just as well to protect me as it does to protect someone else.) I've never found Thief to be great at actually doing damage, so I fairly quickly shifted to conditions and support. Thrill of the Crime gives three boons to me and my party, I have this one ability (forget the name) that rips two boons from a boss and gives it to my party members, etc.
I agree that in solo PvE it really doesn't matter all that much, since most everything dies quickly enough anyway, but against bosses that's (the area weakness) a pretty killer combo effect to set up.