Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Valve Profile; Big Picture UI Testing Tomorrow

Valve, a Video Game Maker With Few Rules is a New York Times article on Valve Corporation, offering their own take on the developer's unusual approach to their business. They discuss the company's forward-thinking approach and unstructured structure as well as Gabe Newell's publiccriticism of Windows 8. They also outline the current state of Valve's hardware ambitions, giving firsthand impressions of a prototype of the wearable computer and the company's big picture UI mode, which they say will enter public testing tomorrow: "On Monday, the company will begin a public test of a new television-friendly interface, Big Picture, for buying Steam games and playing them on computers in the living room."

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

30. Re: Valve Profile; Big Picture UI Testing Tomorrow Sep 10, 2012, 03:51 007Bistromath

That's because pretty much all the major problems were ironed out of it long ago. They still work on balance tweaks on a regular basis, particularly since they frequently add promo stuff that matters rather than just hats.

It's been a long time since I liked playing it all that much, but it isn't hard to see that TF2 is the most perfect game (in the sense of "functional completeness") in the history of the hobby, and they're still working on it. That means something, and it's certainly not a something directly related to the bottom line.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo