Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Guild Wars 2 Patch Notes

ArenaNet continues its post-launch tweaking of Guild Wars 2, posting patch notes for an update yesterday and another set from today. Most of the changes are bug fixes.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

29. Re: Guild Wars 2 Patch Notes Sep 10, 2012, 09:10 Verno

Flatline wrote on Sep 10, 2012, 04:16:
My only main complaint at this point is the 3 levels between story missions I have to go through to continue the story. They're fun, well written, and engaging. I want to keep doing them. The problem isn't the leveling per se, it's that I'll eventually have to grind events or just grind the last half of a level to reach the next one.

Also, my leveling has officially completely surpassed my crafting. I need to catch up. Part of the problem is that the magic buffs that are required are effing insane. They drop slowly, and then the second tier of buffs requires something sick like a stack of 8 vials of thin blood or whatever. Both my crafts are stuck at around 50 because of that, and I''ve kind of given up on it, which sucks because that's a great source of XP.

I think the dungeons need a tuning pass, some are overtuned and others are too easy. The storyline quests are fine and not meant to be played back to back but people treat it as the "main quest line" which is fair, so they always want to see whats next.

Crafting is a bit of a grind but it's intentional to keep you from just leveling and leaving everything without seeing the zones fully. Any time I just kick it in a zone for awhile and do stuff naturally then I've been able to maintain. I am slightly annoyed at getting 5 sticks of butter with every kill though, they need to revert that silliness.

Anyways, game owns bones. Lots of longevity there for people who don't go at it too crazy but even the people who do will get their monies worth. My guild always has a ton of stuff to do and I never feel like I have to play because of a monthly sub. Nice to have an MMO you can put down for awhile, go play another game and come back.

Your team was doing it wrong. The zerg thing is a problem even with organized teams, but once a decent leader shows up that people listen to the situation gets better. Could have been the time of day or it could have been your server. The good leaders don't seem to show up till later in the evening, I have noticed.

Yeah exactly. Make a guild group and ignore the zergs. Go off and do your own thing. You'll make lots of money, get tons of exp/etc and contribute more. Plus the scrapes you get into will be more fun since it won't be 5vs50. sPVP and tPVP are very fun too, they shouldn't be ignored.

The problem with WvWvW is that you're only as good as your servers average player is. Our guild regularly dominates during primetime hours but then we go to bed and our pubbies lose all of our gains so we end up retaking everything the next day, it's kind of annoying. It also resets every day so many people just aren't taking it seriously until they start doing the 2 week matchups or whatever.

This comment was edited on Sep 10, 2012, 09:17.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Walking Dead, The Fall, As Above So Below
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo