Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Guild Wars 2 Password Attacks

Ars Technica has an unconfirmed report that ArenaNet has been experiencing attempts at unauthorized access to Guild Wars 2 accounts. These differ from the typical such attacks as they are reportedly the result of a breach at an unnamed Guild Wars fan-site, and that the perpetrators are now trying the username and password combinations from the site to take advantage of users who also use them for their game account. They include the obvious warning that this is not a good idea.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

32. Re: Guild Wars 2 Password Attacks Sep 8, 2012, 15:19 NewMaxx

Quinn wrote on Sep 7, 2012, 22:07:
The rebellous infantile idea of getting rid of the "holy trinity" (tank, healer, dps) to defy the master of MMO's is just that, an act of childish infancy. What we have now is not tactical combat but lack thereoff; chaos and death.

When I first played, I thought this, too. Then I took a step back and realized the game has only recently been released! There's a million newbs floating around who have no idea what they're doing! Now that I'm more experienced, run with experienced people in my guild, and am exploring the finer mechanics of the gameplay, I realize how wrong that first impression really is. It's not a fault to at first see it as chaotic but I tend to think some people want an excuse to feel that way, or feel that way because it doesn't fit their expectations, some of which are wrong and others that are unrealistic.

In any case, run a dungeon with smart people who know how to use their combos and builds, and you'll see incredible synergy. There's no true trinity, sure, everybody contributes in nuanced ways, but there are definitely combinations (weapons + traits + skills + combos) that lean that way. Actually, I think people are still too newb to appreciate these nuances, as I see so many people who are not even weapon and pet swapping in combat let alone using appropriate weapons for their skills and traits.

For example, I see rangers poo-pahing traps or using them the vanilla WoW way, when there's a major trait that makes them larger and ground targettable (combine that with option to drop on cursor), and traps are excellent combo fields for your finishers (i.e., projectile) if you place them correctly between ranged and target, especially good since that same trait line gives you swiftness and fury on weapon swap, so a longbow rapid fire (esp with zephyr utility skill) can wreck crazy field dmg before a swap to a shortbow to escape; meanwhile, your healing spring can buff the shortbow arrows to regen. Point being that most people just seem to roll their face on the kb, of course it's going to appear chaotic, but to judge the game within the first week by that...get a WoW time machine.

This comment was edited on Sep 8, 2012, 15:28.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo