Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

DOOM 3 BFG Edition: No PC DOOM/DOOM II Multiplayer

The Bethesda Softworks Forums offer a DOOM 3 BFG Edition FAQ with more on the upcoming first-person shooter bundle (thanks Badboy). While this will include multiplayer support for all three DOOM games on consoles, PC gamers will not be given the chance to relive classic DOOM and DOOM II multiplayer:

What multiplayer is included for DOOM 3 BFG Edition?
ONLINE multiplayer for Xbox 360 and PS3:

DOOM: 2-4 players per map
    DOOM II: 2-4 players per map
    DOOM 3 and Resurrection of Evil: 2-4 players per map
    Lost Mission: N/A
OFFLINE multiplayer for Xbox 360 and PS3:
    DOOM: 2-4 players per map
    DOOM II: 2-4 players per map
    DOOM 3 and Resurrection of Evil: N/A
    Lost Mission: N/A
PC Multiplayer
    On PC online Multiplayer for DOOM 3 and Resurrection of Evil is 2-8 players.
    On PC there is no multiplayer options for Doom and Doom II.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

40. Re: Read the whole post next time. Sep 5, 2012, 23:29 hb3d

Beamer wrote on Sep 5, 2012, 19:50:
The point is they're still selling it. It isn't free,
I never said it was free. You continue to ignore the last half of my post. Read my first post again. See where I wrote, "All of these games can also still be purchased on the PC inexpensively through digital distribution". I explicitly stated that the games were still for sale as one of the reasons why this re-release is not needed.

They're not selling something free.
No, they are repackaging their existing games and trying to pass them off to PC gamers as something new and improved when they are inferior to what already exists thanks to the source code release and the mod community. That is my point and what I tried to convey in the full text of my original post.

Freedoom is a fan made wad that uses all original content.
Freedoom is replacement wad set for Ultimate Doom and Doom 2 that would best be described as a "Doom-compatible" experience. It is designed to be used with Doom source ports to make them stand-alone games that are compatible with existing Doom 1 & 2 mods. In essence it is a legally free version of Doom 1 & 2.

This comment was edited on Sep 5, 2012, 23:54.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo