Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

MechWarrior Online Trailer

This trailer from MechWarrior Online offers a "River City Reveal" from Piranha's upcoming mech combat game, which will be shown off this week at PAX Prime. Word is: "Nestled within a coastal valley, River City, ravaged by war, is the first urban setting map for MechWarrior Online. From stealth scouting to long range support and right down to all out brawling, players will find areas in River City that suit their needs. The river itself, spanned by two bridges, divides the city into two opposing sides. A fortified citadel dominates the centre of the city and players will fight for control of two key sites: a space port high on a plateau and a crucial industrial port facility on the ocean shoreline. Surrounding the city are hillsides that are still in conflict and the odd airstrike and artillery barrage can still be seen off in the distance. Pools of fire and rubble throughout the city drive home the point that the pristine condition of the city is now just a remnant memory of the past."

<

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

6. Re: MechWarrior Online Trailer Aug 27, 2012, 22:20 Doomie_77

I am a Founder. I paid $60 dollars for it, but was in on the beta before purchase was required. Here's the thing - these guys are passionate about this game. The game just flat out kicks ass, and is more than worth the long wait PC users have had to deal with as long as Battletech is concerned.

It's too bad the NDA is strict and I can't go on and on about the game and how much fun it is to rip other mechs to shreds, etc., mainly because of people that bash it over a trailer guy's voice. I realize that these trailers are all that most people have to go on, I'm just here to say that people should give it a chance before condemning it. It's all I've been playing for the last month and a half. I feel like I'm losing my life to it, lol.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo