Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

I called the local department of public works yesterday about the malfunctioning stop signal, wanting to suggest that since the outage was in its third day, they might want to consider putting a traffic cop there during rush hour, or something prudent like that. Oddly, the guy I spoke with made it sound like they were unaware the traffic light was broken (even though I presume they were the ones to set it to blink when it went on the blink, so to speak), acting as though I was reporting it, rather than complaining about something that was already reported. I can't believe this went so long with them being unaware of it, but supporting that theory is the fact that it was repaired by the evening rush hour. Weird.

R.I.P.: Terry "Tubesteak" Tracy, the original Big Kahuna.

Weird Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Borderlands 2 demake. Thanks VG247.
Georganism 2.
Viaduct Designer.
Stories: MLB Umpire Jim Joyce Saves Life at Game With CPR.
Science: After 32,000 Years, an Ice Age Flower Blooms Again. Thanks A51Abductee.
How Scientists Stopped Klebsiella Pneumoniae: Deadly Superbug Killed 6 At NIH Clinical Center.
Ingredients for Big Black Holes Detected in Milky Way's Core. Along with creamy nougat.
Media: Honest Game Trailers: Mass Effect 3 (SPOILERS!!!).
S.H.I.E.L.D. helicarrier, concept of the film The Avengers.
Confessions of a Disney Employee pt.2.
The Funnies: Dilbert.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 23, 2012, 20:32 Sepharo

RailWizard wrote on Aug 23, 2012, 15:55:
btw does it strike any USians as odd that Russia Today seems to be the best source for US news?

Citation: http://rt.com/usa/news/tsa-shirt-arijit-delta-308/

Haha I have that shirt. I still wear it every now and then too.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo