Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

etc.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

11. Re: etc. Aug 21, 2012, 15:22 Matshock

Beamer wrote on Aug 21, 2012, 15:03:
Matshock wrote on Aug 21, 2012, 14:31:
Beamer wrote on Aug 21, 2012, 13:15:
Matshock wrote on Aug 21, 2012, 11:16:
...about the collapse of 38 Studios, which got a $75 million loan guarantee from the state in 2010.

I agree, only a dunce would invest $75 million taxpayer dollars in a start up headed up by an athlete during a depression in a state with a toxic business climate.

Another monument to Amerikan fascism...

Nice k. Now how is this fascism?

I'm glad you asked. The original term was coined by Benito Mussolini-
fascism being the combination of words federal and capitalism- so, essentially federally controlled capitalism.

I'm using the word according to its origins rather than the Orwellian newspeak you may be accustomed to.

Now there's a bit of license in the sense that we in the USA also have supposedly sovereign states but I wouldn't be surprised if the loan was ultimately backed by the federal government anyway.

New London and Pfizer have a huge multi-million dollar empty field that used to be a neighborhood. That's another great example of Amerikan Fascism.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/13/nyregion/13pfizer.html

Actually, that's not the definition of fascism. It especially isn't the etymology, as it comes from Latin, not being a combination of two English words, and does not even derive from the same terms that "Federal" or "Capitalism" come from.

Nor was it coined by Mussolini.

Wow. All I'll say is "Wow."

Wow, another denial of me by you with no citations. Wow.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supercapitalism_(concept_in_Italian_Fascism)

Some words have very similar phonetic properties and meanings across different languages. Wow.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/fascism

Origin:
191520; < Italian fascismo, equivalent to fasc ( io ) bundle, political group ( see fasces) + -ismo -ism

Italian isn't Latin. Wow.

B.M. was at the front of creating the world's first major fascist state and thus defined *or coined* the term. Wow.

Seriously kid- who are you trying to impress?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo