Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

MrsBlue is off to her new job today, and with no ties remaining to Disney, I no longer have a potential conflict of interest to disclaim related to reporting Disney-related game news. With their disinterest in the PC platform there was nothing to be conflicted over during that span anyway, but it makes life easier for everybody if there's no potential for that to worry about. She is back with a more traditional book publisher now, so there is no gaming connection to acknowledge going forward.

R.I.P.: British director Tony Scott dead after jumping from California bridge.

Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Meadow Adventure.
Decision 2: New City.
Links: 19 Asian Tattoo FAILS.
Stories: A 63-year-old engineer is Japan's 'last ninja'.
Science: Microbes manipulate your mind.
Coffee good for you, but it's OK to hold back.
Thomas Kuhn: the man who changed the way the world looked at science.
Media: Metal Gear Solid meets Nyan Cat. And Making of...
Close Call at a Rally Race.
The director's cut of real life in NYC.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

47. Re: removed Aug 20, 2012, 17:01 Agent.X7

Beamer wrote on Aug 20, 2012, 16:22:
Bet wrote on Aug 20, 2012, 16:17:
Anytime you involve someone else as the mechanism of your death (train/subway driver, cop), you're scarring them for life as they're left with the guilt of ending you. Even unintentional suicide like people trying to go around the bars on roads out of impatience and not realizing their own stupidity messes up train drivers brains, as they're witnesses to something terrible that they couldn't stop.

I agree with the likes of nin, Agent.X7 and Aseven in this case though. A slow wasting disease will fuck up kids that age for life, as surely as witnessing him blow his brains out would. You'll still need counseling either way. As to how much better/worse a quick suicide is, knowing that your dad ended it on his feet, well that's a grisly debate that hopefully no one here has to weigh for themselves.

Man on Fire was a great movie. Now's a great time for a revenge flick like that if you're upset about this. Remember the man for what he was, not how he ended.

Clip of the movie (spoilers), at 3:20 a scene to change the subject http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRhj6BF2hMA

Apparently they took the non-subtitle white text out of later versions. Talk about gutting an effective creative touch of stylized emphasis of dialogue...

My point is just that there are ways that don't put anyone else in danger, scar them, or otherwise ruin their day. You're absolutely correct about what it must do to the guy operating the train or subway, or the diver that's searching for the body, or the driver that sees the man jump off the bridge.

Suicide is absolutely not black and white, but there are ways to do it that don't have wider implications on a wider audience. I'd still put the Jackie-O suicide as one of the better managed one (which is a privilege she had.) Family crowded around, said goodbye and had their closure, and she slipped off in a painless, clean morphine overdose.

Very true. if you want to end it, do it yourself and don't involve other peoples' lives. A bullet to the noggin'? Go you. Jump in front of a bus? You're a fucker. Sure, the police have to show up either way, but now you've potentially injured dozens on the bus, scarred the driver for life, caused other accidents, etc.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo