Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

On Sale

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

5. Re: Driver: San Francisco Deluxe for A Buck! Aug 19, 2012, 09:18 Ray Marden

Too bad it won't work on my Win7 x64 install. Reading the forums, it looks like it has issues with gamepads, issues with PC installation, does not support 16x10 resolutions, and other incompatabilities.

UPlay is ugly, Ubi still cannot figure out which currency I use, I had a really slow 1MB/s download, and now I have to figure out a way to make its game work.
Did Ubi just reverse-pirate me by giving me nothing, but charging $1?
Edit: As I tried uninstalling, even that has issues. It is trying to delete my users\username\documents\ubisoft folder which does not actually exist - the installer put the files in my users\username\MYdocuments\ubisoft folder. Stupid.

Editx2: Even uninstalled, UPlay is listing Driver as an installed game. Since it shows as installed, it won't let me reinstall it. And since it is actually not installed on my system, UPlay is unable to launch it when I hit "Play." What a crappy company.

Editx3: Worked the second time around - manually uninstalled, manually ran the laucher, ran as admin., and I installed with the gamepad removed.

Guessing the joke is on me,
Ray

This comment was edited on Aug 19, 2012, 14:14.

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo