Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Rebellion Sues Stardock and Ironclad Over Rebellion

Rebellion Developments (Rogue Warrior, Aliens vs Predator, Sniper Elite) is suing Stardock Entertainment and Ironclad Games in an Eastern Michigan district court for trademark violation over the use of the word "rebellion" in the title of Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion. Rebellion is asking for damages for being "deprived of substantial sales of its products" and for "the value of its trademarks as commercial assets." GameSpot notes: "Rebellion provided several examples where it claimed consumers would have been easily misled, including promotional materials which displayed the word 'Rebellion' much larger than the preceding 'Sins of a Solar Empire' and some that referred to the game only by the disputed trademark." Thanks Joao.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

45. Re: Rebellion Sues Stardock and Ironclad Over Rebellion Aug 17, 2012, 11:21 jdreyer

Blackhawk wrote on Aug 17, 2012, 09:45:
Make sure you also sue the following:

LucasArts (Star Wars: Rebellion)
BioWare (Mass Effect 3: Rebellion Pack)
Spiderweb Software (Geneforge 4: Rebellion)
Midas Interactive (Polaris Rebellion)
Phoenix Interactive (Space Rebellion)
Namco Bandai (Tekken 6: Bloodline Rebellion)

I've got a list of probably two dozen more. Rebellion - you can't claim your name as IP, at least not anymore.

I'm sure picking on Stardock/Ironclad has as much to do with the fact that they are small and independent without much cashflow compared to Lucasarts, Bioware, and Namco. Just like fcking copyright trolls Righthaven I'm sure the whole point of this is to extract a settlement, which would be cheaper than actually going to court. Ironclad/Stardock need to take this to court no matter what. A smart judge will see this shit for what it is, throw it out, and make Rebellion pay for Ironclad's legal fees.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo