Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

NVIDIA's Free Borderlands 2 Promotion

The GeForce Website announces that owners of NVIDIA's new GTX 660 Ti graphics card (see today's hardware revews) or better are entitled to a free copy of Borderlands 2, Gearbox Software's upcoming role-playing shooter sequel. One of the things this will do is enable users to run the game at maximum settings for all sorts of PhysX effects. and this page offers a trailer showing these off.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

62. Re: NVIDIA's Free Borderlands 2 Promotion Aug 18, 2012, 11:50 Dev

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 18, 2012, 02:23:
Well with custom I mean like a dual-gpu kind of setup. Actually I am bit more optimistic that at least 1 of the new consoles is going to be pretty state-of-the-art performance wise given that the costs are recouped by games anyway. And hopefully the consoles are going to be 64bit, meaning we might finally see that leak over into the PC market, one can hope... ;p It annoys the heck of out of me no game uses my 16GB ram ;p I could INSTALL most games in my ram, for gods sake.
There's existing dual gpu on a single card setups now. In most cases, duals on 1 card aren't cost effective for the amount of performance they give out.
No, costs are NOT automatically recouped by games. Sony lost a HUGE amount of money on the PS3 console. I didn't run the math of each quarter/annual report to see if they ever made enough money to make up for those losses.
I have run the math on the xbox 1 though. MS lost over $4 billion on the xbox 1, and thats INCLUDING all games/software/licensing sales they made on it. I believe they ultimately made money overall on the xbox 360, but it took quite a while to even be in the black for a single quarter (which I recall was when they released one of the halo games), and then even longer to make up for all the previous losses.

And 64 bit isn't really that important to consoles. The 360 has been running on 512 megs ram. They may well limit the next gen consoles to 4gb of memory to keep costs down. And even if they did go to 8 gb of ram, there's ways to utilize that in 32 bit. Some versions of windows have also been able to use over 4gb of ram in 32 bit.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo