Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

FDSL Enables Used Digital Game Sales

German software developer GDC Game and Download Company announces they are ready to roll out FDSL (Fast Download Technology with Streaming Logic) to digital distributors as a way of facilitating the trade in used games, saying this will enable them to comply with a recent legal ruling in Europe about used digital games:

The games industry can breathe a sigh of relief. As communicated by the GDC Game and Download Company AG today, the GDC owned technology FDSL enables secondary trading of digitally acquired games. This is already a legally long required fact and has to be generally facilitated according to the verdict passed by the European Cord of Justice on the 3rd of July 2012 (file number C128/11). However, most of the existing download technologies and portals are incapable of doing so. At this point, the FDSL Technology creates legal certainty.

"We are proud to announce that we can offer the full range of exploitation options to gamers and games publishers by means of our unique FDSL technology. Games download portals will benefit from our technology as well. The fact that up to today no other company announced its capability in fulfilling this EU norm reveals that the FDSL technology is trend-setting and pioneering. To that end, we will hold talks with our business partners during the upcoming trade show gamescom in Cologne. Naturally, we will also welcome potential business partners with open arms and be available for further discussions and requests. comments Nils Herrnberger CEO of the GDC Game and Download Company AG.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

5. Re: FDSL Enables Used Digital Game Sales Aug 13, 2012, 15:31 entr0py

I'd certainly buy more PC games if they didn't become worthless the second you buy them. Someone should try this in the US even if they are not legally forced to.

I wonder if German online retailers could get around this by very clearly labeling the games as fullprice rentals.

This comment was edited on Aug 13, 2012, 15:58.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo