Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Gatherings & Competitions

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

126. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Aug 17, 2012, 13:36 netnerd85

D-Rock wrote on Aug 17, 2012, 12:13:
Please, enough with the bashing.
What?

what demographic will have their opinions changed for the better as a result of this and other homosexual events?
It's about supporting the gay community rather than bunch of closed minded people.

netnerd85 wrote on Aug 17, 2012, 00:17:
Married men enjoying the occasional bit on the side with a fellow man for example, "don't tell my wife" is their battle cry.
While you really don't need to inform me of how homosexuals and bisexuals live their lives (like I said -- I'm well aware), this one stands out. It's very disrespectful to one's wife to sneak around and cheat. It completely goes against the vows that the man and the woman agreed to. It's morally reprehensible and I despise any social movement that encourages it.
[/quotes]
No social movement encourages cheating. It's more sad than disrespectful, it's sad that someone feels they have to hide who they are to fit into this world. You don't know what it feels like, so don't even DARE try to talk about it. Cheating is never okay.

You have not been clear at all about your experience with "discrimination". In fact you are becoming extremely vague in your posts.

See post #117. How much detail do you want? My point is that I have experienced the emotional trauma that results from discrimination. Logically I can't say that I truly understand what a homosexual goes through, but I do know that any kind of emotional turmoil is a horrible, horrible thing. You don't need to hold a convention to build a support system -- I think others should do it on an individual level and get better results. Am I expecting too much?
There are many ways to build a support system. What is your problem? It's not affecting you?

When you create an event that promotes equal rights that is not complaining.

I never said they were complaining. I said a key part of their agenda is ineffective.
Read the tone of your own posts, including this previous one.

Gamers really don't get out much and lets face it. Gamers aren't exactly the most willing people to go out and socialize at the best of times.

I was really surprised when you said this, given your apparent open-mindedness. This is an ancient stereotype. These days gamers have successful careers, a successful social life, and even get laid on a regular basis. For almost two decades I've had my own social network of gamer friends and we all party, have successful jobs, get laid, get married, participate in sports, etc. I find it hard to believe that this isn't the case for the majority of gamers these days -- read through the Blue's News posts and you'll see many references to activities outside of gaming (unless Blue's News users are a bunch of liars).
Speaking from LIFE experience. You have a different one obviously?

Creating a safe haven in which homosexuals can play games without fear of discrimination is the best part of GaymerCon.
Glad you agree that and so it shall be.

Why does it work? Because no one sits around and whines about how life is so hard and unfair. We choose to enjoy life by making good decisions and moving ahead no matter what the past has brought us. Carpe Diem, Baby!
What does this have to do with gaymercon?

As a side note, I noticed in my original post that I typed majority instead of minority in one sentence. I've corrected that mistake -- hopefully that didn't influence your opinion but if it did...reread.
I figured that out for myself.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo