Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Gatherings & Competitions

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

74. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Aug 12, 2012, 06:13 yuastnav

RailWizard wrote on Aug 11, 2012, 22:13:
[...]
Ah yes, here is another great fallacy. "But but, the animals do it!" Many animals also eat each other. How about that cannibal minority? Where are their equal rights? So blind and stupid....

How is that a fallacy? Animals are gay, humans are also animals. Why would nature change that? It wouldn't make any sense.
Also, if you haven't heard, there are cannibalistic tribes when it comes to humans. Humans eat each other, too. Other societies have developed a set of morals that forbids that, though. There is nothing else stopping us from eating each other but there is just no need for that because we don't have to do that anymore.
You do the same mistake again, though. If we allowed cannibalism there would not be equality anymore because some people would be allowed to eat others. We'd have an inequal society.
We have the same thing here since people like you don't want other sexualities to have the same rights.

Eirikrautha wrote on Aug 11, 2012, 20:48:
[...]
Ahhhh, but why do we have morals? Perhaps morals serve to preserve societies or cultures (in the aggregate, not the individual cases)? What if some moralities have enabled certain cultures to be more successful (once again, in the aggregate)? What if cultures evolve like organisms?
[...]

So? I didn't say morals were bad. They are necessary, without them we wouldn't be where we are. But morals have downsides, too, because people can have a set of morals that leads to an inequal society, whereas a pack of animals without morals or reason would base their lives on instinct and would not make a distinction between members who are gay and those who are not.

RailWizard wrote on Aug 11, 2012, 21:58:
"Being gay is normal. & Being gay is not a choice." Wrong. I don't care what anyone says, you or the egghead community. If you insist that it is, let's see the proof. Show me the 'gay gene'. You can't because it's bullshit.

So basically you are stating that opposing opinions do not concern you and that you will believe whatever you want? Then this discussion is kinda moot.
Furthermore, why do you think there is a "gay gene"? It is more likely that homosexuality (and in argumentum e contrario heterosexuality) comes to be thorugh a specific configuration of a set of other genes.

RailWizard wrote on Aug 12, 2012, 02:21:
[...]
That must be some good kool-aid. Go ahead and keep preaching like you and your precious peers know what you're talking about. They don't know what makes some people murderers, but for this, somehow they magically know. Right.
[...]

Only because you may not understand it it doesn't mean that people who do are "drinking the kool-aid". And yes, scientists do know nigh infinitely more than you do because they are not blinded by that irrational rage that you developed for some reason, probably from upbringing or environmental influence or chance - most likely a mix of all of that. And guess what: it is the same with murderers. Maybe some people are genetically better predisposed to become murderers but that alone is not enough. There are a lot of other factors that you have to consider but that is not relevant to our discussion because one's sexuality is mostly something that is decided before birth.

RailWizard wrote on Aug 12, 2012, 02:21:
[...]
I suppose people that don't think Kim Jong Il is a living god are all rejecting reality too, right?

How is that relevant to this discussion?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo