Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Firefall eSpots Toolkit Plans

Red 5 Studios announces plans to an what they cal an eSports toolkit to Firefall to further support the competitive modes in its upcoming free-to-play online shooter with "unique spectator modes and streamlined shoutcaster controls." This trailer shows off the two new modes and other features this will add, and here's a description:

The eSports Toolkit from Red 5 Studios offers a new “look” at competitive gaming with two feature-packed modes, Observer and Broadcast. In Observer Mode, anyone can choose to watch matches through an assortment of cameras at their disposal, including the Action Cam, a dynamic top-down camera that calculates where the action is and auto-zooms accordingly; static cameras that can be switched to on-the-fly for a number of easily accessible viewpoints; and selectable player cams that show gameplay focusing on any player. Broadcast mode includes a number of additional features specifically added for shoutcasters, including replay controls – which allow users to skip forward and back 10 seconds, pause, slow motion and fast forward – a Multi-Camera Preview for linecutting into a broadcast, and built in player stat tracking.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

2. Re: Firefall eSpots Toolkit Plans Aug 10, 2012, 14:13 DeadlyAccurate

:-)

I don't know how many are currently in the beta, but yesterday there was an alien invasion public event right in the main city that I suspect most everyone on the server participated in. There must've been a couple hundred of us at least. It ran very smoothly on my machine, too, even with that many people and mobs on screen.

As long as they don't overreach, they should be fine. I'm still going to play the hell out of GW2, and I'll definitely give PS2 a try, but I'm happy to see an MMOFPS with PvE content, and I've been having a lot of fun in this game.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo