Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

An issue on the server end of my email popped up last night, and I got to spend 20 minutes listening to prerecorded messages from Network Solutions offering all sorts of helpful "did you know?" tidbits, none of which included the fact that the outage I was reporting was apparently system-wide (even though it was only impacting one of my email addresses). At least the woman who I finally spoke with assured me they were working on it. But as comforting as that sounded, I was met with the same outage this morning, so I dug out a "gold VIP" contact email they sent me at one point to thank me for being a loyal customer for over 15 years to try and cut through some red tape. Sure enough, this got me someone on the phone immediately, who then informed me that he was in sales, and he could transfer me to the tech support department, which now has an extended wait (since if it is still a system-wide outage they are informing customers one at a time). Apparently I'm only a VIP when I'm buying something from them: After that I'm just another blinking light looking to waste their valuable time. After an hour I finally got someone to clear up the error, but I seem to be missing emails, and was unable to phrase my question about this in a form my technical support person was able to understand with her somewhat limited grasp on English. Ever notice it's customer service experiences like this that are *never* followed by one of those brief surveys to let them know how they're doing?

Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Legend of the Void Chapter 2.
Fruits.
Media: UNLEADED (Grand Theft Auto IV Machinima).
Usain Bolt vs. 116 Years of Olympic Sprinters.
Misbegotten Moon: Total Proof We Never Landed on The Moon.
The Funnies: HijiNKS ENSUE. Thanks j.c.f.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 7, 2012, 12:45 Beamer

PHJF wrote on Aug 7, 2012, 12:05:

Amazing isn't it how so many companies claim to be fixated on customer satisfaction, and yet customer support is almost always annoying and frequently useless.

I had great service from Amazon.

I buy from them in part for this. Any issue I've had has been fixed almost instantly, and being able to do support via chat rather than taking the time to call is very time saving.

Nordstrom is another store that has absolutely ridiculously good support and service.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo