Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Consolidation

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

46. Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 7, 2012, 10:34 InBlack

Creston wrote on Aug 7, 2012, 10:19:
Beamer wrote on Aug 7, 2012, 06:54:
All they did was attempt to do what they feel their OEMs have failed to do (and I think anyone that's played much with 99% of the Android tablets would agree that HTC and Samsung have mostly failed to compete with the iPad.)

Because if experienced OEMs like Samsung and HTC can't do it, then by golly, Microsoft surely can? Because MS's track record with hardware is phenomenal.

Oh, wait...

It's actually kind of funny to see Microsoft try to become Apple, when that has never been their forte, and unless they dramatically restructure the company (and hire people with the know-how to get it done), it will never happen. They will just keep floundering with one failed product after another, while at the same time absolutely ignoring what their actual CUSTOMERS are telling them. It's a small sample size, and probably confirmation-biased, but I know around 30 or 40 guys in different IT departments in Tulsa, OKC, Houston, Denver and a few other places, and so far not a single one has said that their IT department has ANY plans to upgrade to Windows 8 within ANY kind of timeframe.

Yet MS bullishly continues with Win8 the way it is, because after all, WE MUST COMPETE WITH TEH IPAD!!1!1!

Balmer couldn't run a fucking lemonade stand. Within two years he'd have the kids growing oranges, because dammit, WE MUST COMPETE WITH MINUTE MAID!

Why they ever handed him the keys to one of the world's largest companies (at the time) is beyond understanding.

Creston

Agreed. Except for one part, its already happening. Microsoft isnt trying to compete with Apple, its full steam all-in cards on the table competing with Apple and once the losses pile up this is going to be a huge blow for the company and once Win8 hits its stock is goiong to take a fucking nosedive the likes of which will make Zuckerberg's facebook fiasco look like child-play.

But this isnt exactly new territory for Microsoft. Its one of the worst managed and run companies in the world, as it has been since becoming top dog in the 90's. Its sheer size and market dominance (read monopoly) will keep it going...

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo