Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Steamships Ahoy - Death Rally

Remedy announces that Death Rally is now available on Steam, and this remake of the combat rally racing game is on sale for the next week at a 15% discount. For the box and disc crowd, they say a retail release is coming "soon." Here's word on the game:

Fill up your gas tank and get the chain gun ready, as Death Rally, the critically-acclaimed, top-down action racing game from Remedy Entertainment, is available for download now on Steam.

Death Rally, already a huge hit on mobile platforms, has been fully redesigned for high definition PC gaming – with a new rendering engine to highlight gorgeous graphics. Camera and controls have been fully optimized for PC, and career mode has been improved by unifying the single player and multiplayer progress. The PC version also includes a new track, “Savo”, a return of the “Shadow Man” (a familiar figure from the original Death Rally), new crazy weapon combinations, Steam Achievements, controller support and up to 6 person multiplayer.

First released on PC in 1996, Death Rally has since been adapted for mobile platforms, where it’s surpassed 11 million downloads and 110 million play sessions. On Death Rally being released on PCs again, Matias Myllyrinne, CEO at Remedy, said, “It’s been very rewarding bringing Death Rally back to PCs. Death Rally was our first title and it’s been a nice, destructive trip down memory lane. We’ll see everyone on the track!”

Death Rally is available now on Steam for $9.99 (get it for $8.49 till August 10!) and will be available for retail purchase soon.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

13. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Death Rally Aug 3, 2012, 18:55 yuastnav

HoSpanky wrote on Aug 3, 2012, 18:25:
I grabbed the remake for my iPhone for free when it initially launched, and I've had no problems with controlling it. Plays quite well, actually. Since it appears to have the same courses as the phone versions, I'm gonna say its likely going to play a lot better with a gamepad. There are a lot of tight curves and odd angles that the keyboard just isn't suitable for.
Seriously people, a 360 controller can be had for $20 (wired), what's the holdup on getting one? There are a lot of games that pretty much demand analog control, and the 360 controller is almost universally supported natively in games. I'm not suggesting you play shooters or rts' with it, but racing games always benefit from the finer control you get with an analog gamepad.

Not everyone is comfortable with a controller, though maybe I am just speaking for me. I cannot use one, it's awkward and sometimes even slightly painful.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo