Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Guild Wars 2 Stress Test Today

The Guild Wars 2 Facebook Page announces plans for a four-hour stress test today for Guild Wars 2, though this may not be a smooth experience due to how they are doing this (thanks VG247). Here's word:

We will be conducting a stress test on Thursday, August 2 from 12:00 Noon PACIFIC Time to 4:00 PM PACIFIC Time.

Unlike previous stress tests, we will be actively working on the game during the event, so you might experience connectivity problems or discover features that are not working as designed. Any issues you experience are a result of the rigorous conditions of the stress test, and are in no way representative of the state of the game at launch. By participating in this stress test, you’re helping us make Guild Wars 2 a better game. Thanks for your cooperation—we’ll see you in-game! ~RB2

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

91. Re: Guild Wars 2 Stress Test Today Aug 4, 2012, 01:16 OpticNerve

Axis wrote on Aug 3, 2012, 23:12:
Crap.

It'd odd how you keep evading all these questions when people reply to you with facts. Over and over again. You have YET to answer one single question that's asked of you and yet you keep expecting others to answer your nonsensical, vague questions and bring up pointless other subjects to try to deflect and defend yourself (PvX, really?).

I have no idea what you're trying to point out with this PvX thing. So far for the GW2 betas, there seems to be a ton of builds being posted across various sites and the GW2 pvp forums across various fansites are busy with people posting builds and concept builds for PvE, PvP, and WvWvW. The thing is, anyone with common sense knows that they can't compare the two. Why? Because one is a wiki with static words and images while the other has flash sites built to mimic the UI and to let players custom build ther classes. One is a centralized wiki where people go to to pick a Build of the Month while the other are a bunch of sites scattered all across the internet.

Do you want me to go to the future, scour every single build site and count up the total amount of builds listed after 8 years (the time from GW1's release until now)?

I'll state it once again: What's your point with this?

Okay what do I like and dislike about Guild Wars 2. Easy. I'll copy and paste my post from another forum topic about GW2:

OpticNerve wrote:
[What I like]:

+ Removal of the Holy Trinity classes: Every class can avoid damage, every class can heal themselves, every class can do lots of damage. This makes it so that you're less reliant on specific classes just to experience end-game content. No more "Looking for Healers"

+ No more mob/ore-tagging: You're actually glad to see people around you and don't hate the fact that other players are nearby.

+ Weapon-skill system: It's less about having 50 buttons on your screen and more about using what weapons and skills you have correctly. Just look at any of the numerous sPvP build videos on YouTube and you'll see that it's not simply about button-mashing. And unlike GW1, ALL the weaponskills are useful.

+ Combat: You're no longer restricted to standing in place, waiting for skills to cool down. Guild Wars 1 had plenty of this. This is fact. You can move while using most skills as well as dodge and evade attacks if you time it right. It's actually about skill and positioning now. Once you get a hold of weapon swapping, it changes up the gameplay cause it's almost like a FPS in that your weapons are now tools you use at certain situations. A greatsword/rifle warrior plays differently in mindset than a greatsword/mace & shield warrior. The former is about being mobile while dishing out AOE damage and swapping to the rifle to deal single target kiting damage to tougher mobs and the later is about mobile AoE damage and turtling up with stuns while being defensive when the shit hits the fan.

+ Heart System & Events: For me, this seems like a more enjoyable method of questing. You don't have to talk to a single NPC and you don't have to go from exclamation mark to exclamation mark. Hearts and Events usually offer multiple methods to filling up a Heart than killing the same mobs over again. You can use Karma points to buy only what you want from Heart NPCs and not have the game force you to pick from a bunch of crap items you'll never use or don't want.

What's more is that later Events can change up depending on what tier state they're in. I've seen enemy centaurs invade a town and completely take it over, removing the waypoint there and putting all the venders and npcs there in an unconscious state. Then they start invading nearby towns and it can cascade from there. On the flipside, once I've taken back a town, I might have an Event where I'm bringing back venders so that they can repopulate the town again and sell to players. Then another Event might kick in forcing players to defend the town from centaurs.

+ Personal Story Backgrounds: While not as extensive as Mass Effect's, it's nice to have different Personal Story missions and replies based on what you selected for your background biography and how you answer NPCs (http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Personality). It adds some personality to your character that tends to be missing from most other MMOs.

+ No Monthly Fee: Pay for the game and that's it.

+ SPvP: Structured PvP is an addictive MOBA-like affair where it has it's own leveling/rank system which lets you kite out your character in better looking gear. Since every single player is auto-leveled to 80 and gets the same free gear and runes to equip yourself with, it's all about player skill, teamwork and communication and not about a player level or gear.

+ WvWvW: World vs World vs World is quite epic since it pits three servers against each other for dominance on 4 gigantic maps. Being able to capture and defend forts and castles with boiling lava, trebuchettes, arrow carts and siege golems against hundreds of players on screen is just epicly massive and a fun experience IMO. And it's all for passive bonuses that the entire server will receive. It's also an alternative for PvE since it uses that same character (but statleveled up to 80). You can hop back and forth and gain loot, exp and gold.

[What I Dislike]:

- Personal Story: Certain races tend to have more exciting personal stories than others. Humans in general seem to be the least exciting in regards to what happens in their Personal Stories while Charr and Asura seem to have the most unique adventures in theirs.

- Zerging Events: Due to how players can interact with each other without the need to form parties, there can be a zerging mob mentality when it comes to events and a tough Event can turn out to be easy just based on the sheer amount of people around there. This relies heavily on Arenanet to balance out the scaling of event mobs. I fully expect the first few days of release to be zerg-like at the low level areas due to the amount of new players. I will say that it gets a lot less zergy as the days go along and players are more spread out in zones.

- WvWvW Zerging: Due to the nature of the mode, there's bound to be a lot of zerging and when you're in a server that tends to zerg a lot and not use strategy and tactics (not protecting supply wagon npcs or not building siege equipment to take on heavily defended forts) it can be frustrating to be around. Small strike forces seem to be the key but there's not that many servers that co-ordinate well enough to use them.

- Spammy Effects: While it's a lot better now in BWE3 than it was in BWE1, it can be a bit spammy when you're around a lot of players who are all casting spells and targeting one boss enemy. It can use a bit more tweaking so that things are more clearer in it's current state.

- SPVP: Like in almost every MMO ever, there's bound to be Builds of the Month that people tend to gravitate to. It happened in WoW, it happened in GW1 (Warrior/Monks) and it happens in GW2. It's unavoidable really.

Two months? Come on, you could at least try harder. I've played all the Beta Weekends, all the Stress tests, gotten one character to level 35, another to his 20s, and in the last BWE, created a bunch of alts to try out different races and classes (was also busy playing sPvP and WvWvW) and I'm STILL very much looking forward to the release date and can't wait till it arrives.

So now Axis, instead of being vague, deflective, wishy-washy and insulting (notice how I have yet to insult you and yet you're constantly taking pot-shots at me), why don't you start answering some questions that you've been avoiding?

This comment was edited on Aug 4, 2012, 01:55.

http://theopticnerve.deviantart.com
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo