Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - Arma 2: Army of the Czech Republic DLC

The Bohemia Interactive Store now offers sales of the Army of the Czech Republic DLC for Arma 2, BIS's military shooter sequel. This is the only place to get this for now, but this will show up on Steam in mid-August. Here's the deal:

The stunning new DLC features a variety of authentically modeled units and vehicles together with detailed environments, demonstrating the various roles and deployments of modern Czech Armed Forces across different theatres of war. All brought together in an exciting and engaging new singleplayer campaign as well as a number of standalone singleplayer and multiplayer scenarios.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

10. Re: Ships Ahoy - Arma 2: Army of the Czech Republic DLC Jul 31, 2012, 16:02 Muscular Beaver

Teddy wrote on Jul 31, 2012, 15:36:
Ben wrote on Jul 31, 2012, 14:40:
Everyone and their opinions... Well, here's mine. ARMA 2 is an awesome military game (and there are plenty of positive reviews for it). Operation Flashpoint was epic, and I have enjoyed all their games since. I personally think that the Day Z mod is nowhere near as cool as the actual game itself. I find it amazing how everyone is so interested in anything that involves zombies. I don't find it that interesting myself.

Opinions on games vary. I loved Flashpoint, hated ArmA. Perhaps it was in when the titles were released, but my real issue with ArmA is that they have a complete tool designing their controls. They're a clunky mess that get in the way of actual gameplay more often than not unless you spend ages training yourself to get used to them. Something that's inexcusable for modern games, as far as I'm concerned.

I should have mentioned but didn't think of it in my earlier post that there's an easy way to decide for yourself. Arma2 free (http://www.arma2.com/free/) is the same game, minus the campaign, HD textures and mod support.

It will at the very least give you a feel for how the game plays, if you're actually interested. I'm of the opinion that most people will just laugh it off after trying that, but hey, as Ben said, opinions differ. You might like it.

OFP controls were even clunkier and especially moving in building was almost impossible in OFP because you got stuck all the time. So I dont understand why you liked OFP and not the others.

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo