Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Safety Dance

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

7. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jul 28, 2012, 01:19 jdreyer

sketch wrote on Jul 27, 2012, 17:15:
"He was playing 2-3 hours, and he fainted his eyes turned white, turned back, and we had to call the ambulance."
Consider this: In school, girls now outperform boys at every level.

Hahaha Just consider it! This cannot be so! Something is clearly wrong!

This article was extremely disappointing and pretty shitty journalism. They say that Zimbardo collected some data, but then they don't discuss what that is. Instead, they offer up some "scary" anecdotal evidence which may or may not be related to game playing.

A few things to keep in mind: correlation is not causation. Just b/c girls play less games on average than boys and get better grades does not mean there's a causation there. There might be, but show the fcking causation! Crime rates have also plummeted with the rise of video games, and I think there's a greater argument there for causation than grades.

That being said, there might be something there. Japanese youth, who are among the biggest game-playing populations in the world, are showing decreased motivations across the board, even toward sex. But show the metrics and the controls please!

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo