Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Skyrim Beta Patch

The Bethesda Blog announces the version 1.7 patch for the Windows edition of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is now available as a beta on Steam. They offer instructions on downloading the beta patch, and the following all-platform notes:

• General memory and stability optimizations
  • Fixed crash related to new water shaders
  • Fixed rare crash related to dragon landings
  • Fixed logic error with loading screens from add-ons (Xbox 360)
  • Using vampiric grip and swimming no longer prevents swimming animation from playing afterwards
  • Improved recognition with Kinect voice commands (Xbox 360)
  • Kinect-enabled dragon language shouts for French, German, Italian and Spanish work properly (Xbox 360)
  • Fixed issue with Dawnguard Kinect-enabled dragon shouts for French, German, Italian and Spanish (Xbox 360)

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

26. Re: Skyrim Beta Patch Jul 24, 2012, 23:49 Jerykk

Verno wrote on Jul 24, 2012, 08:44:
avianflu wrote on Jul 24, 2012, 07:23:
"Point Lookout" for FO3 had a marvelous set of mini-stories if you read the texts along the way, and the swampy atmosphere was dead-on. I was surprised how good it was.

New Vegas was indeed better in terms of writing than FO3 but you have to agree that New Vegas (the city) itself was tiny and disappointingly so. In some ways New Vegas felt rushed to publication. C. Avellone is the key to what made NV good.

Point Lookout was great but man the bullet sponge enemies really marr an otherwise well designed area. I thought New Vegas the city was fairly well designed to be honest, I wasn't expecting a metropolis or something just due to the engine limitations. I like how they tied its surrounding areas into it. I think the bigger fault with NV was how poorly the content there scales if you do any side content along way to Vegas itself. By the time I got there I was a mini-god and I was just kinda doing things naturally as they came up.

Were you playing on Normal difficulty? With companion(s)? Casual mode? On Very Hard Hardcore, a lot of enemies remain very dangerous throughout the entire game (Deathclaws and cazadores come to mind). Having companions does make the game significantly easier, as they weren't balanced very well, but there are mods that nerf companions so you can enjoy their company without making the game too easy.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo