Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Fez Ports Coming?

The Polytron Website announces that the patch for Fez that was pulled shortly after release is now once again available on Xbox LIVE, explaining that "the save file delete bug only happens to less than a percent of players." They say that due to the economics of Microsoft's patching process they will not be patching the patch: "Itís a shitty numbers game to be playing for sure, but as a small independent, paying so much money for patches makes NO SENSE AT ALL. especially when you consider the alternative. Had FEZ been released on steam instead of XBLA, the game would have been fixed two weeks after release, at no cost to us. And if there was an issue with that patch, we could have fixed that right away too!" Speaking of Steam, this tweet from Polytron strongly implies have plans bring the puzzle/platformer to other systems soon enough: "but HEY! only a few months left to our XBLA exclusivity!" Thanks nin.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

19. Re: Fez Ports Coming? Jul 19, 2012, 16:31 Parallax Abstraction

nin wrote on Jul 19, 2012, 16:21:
NegaDeath wrote on Jul 19, 2012, 15:40:
It's like the guys hobby is burning bridges or something.

You think he went to the Derek Smart School Of Asshattery?

Derek hated Indie Game: The Movie because he thought it portrayed all indie developers as whining pricks. True story. He and I debated that over Twitter after I wrote a blog post about it. It was actually a good debate but yeah, I was a bit taken aback by his response, even though Phil Fish definitely helps make his point.

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube (Watch/Rate/Comment on my shows!)
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo