Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

PC Awesomenauts Plans

Ronimo announces plans to bring Awesomenauts to Windows and OS X, which will offer PC owners the chance to play this MOBA game that was recently released for consoles. They don't specify a release date for the ports, but say that beta testing will begin within the week, and to keep an eye on the Awesomenauts Facebook Page for details on how to sign up. In the meantime, here's a trailer, some screenshots, and the announcement:

A few years ago we at Ronimo set out to create a great platforming MOBA (Multiplayer Online Battle Arena) game. This resulted in the release of Awesomenauts for XBLA and PSN a few months back. A great looking and addictive sidescrolling MOBA, a first for consoles. But ever since we've shown the first screens and videos, we've been getting tons of requests to also bring this game to PC.

Well, we agree! We love the idea of being able to play Awesomenauts with our friends through Steam using our trusty mice and keyboards. So we went ahead and actually built it! To speed things up we've been getting a lot of help and support from our fans, quickly translating new texts and giving us valuable feedback on the balance and new controls.

Within a month everyone will be able to grab a copy of Awesomenauts on Steam! Soon you will be able to experience the game using your favorite input devices. A Mac version will follow shortly afterwards.

And if that's not soon enough we'll be starting a closed beta within the week! Keep an eye on our facebook to stay up to date.

We plan to support all versions of Awesomenauts with updates and new content in the future! Starting with the console patch, which will go live very soon!

About Awesomenauts
Awesomenauts is currently available on PSN ($9,99) and XBLA (800MSP) and coming to PC & Mac soon!

Awesomenauts Features:
    3 on 3 online platforming shooter action with bright 80's cartoon style
    8 very unique and highly customizable characters, each with their own attacks and skills
    Online and offline play with up to 3 players on a single console using splitscreen
    Full drop in drop out support with bots and humans being swapped where needed
    Strong MOBA influences, classes, upgrades, creeps, turrets, bases, tactical depth, etc.
    Advanced matchmaking which allows you to queue up for online matches without forcing you to wait in a matchmaking lobby!
    Unlock over 100 unique items to beef up your abilities and customize your personal playing style for each match!
    Face melting battles across multiple exotic planets and alien spaceships!

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

1. Re: PC Awesomenauts Plans Jul 17, 2012, 10:42 Wolfox

The theme song (and overall "tone" of the trailer) reminds me a lot of 80's shows like Silverhawks and Thundercats. I'm intrigued.

About the game itself: does anyone here know if Awesomenauts has any single-player content? It doesn't have to be a campaign - something like the single-player options in Demigod would probably be enough for me.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo