Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Project Copernicus Trailer

Kotaku has a trailer from Project Copernicus that was intended as an introduction to 38 Studios' MMORPG before the demise of developer 38 Studios. The clip is not a finished product, as it includes some placeholder voiceovers, but it offers a look at how this game would have been presented had it been completed.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

13. Re: Project Copernicus Trailer Jul 10, 2012, 11:09 SimplyMonk

The Half Elf wrote on Jul 9, 2012, 22:43:
...and last time I checked the only MMO the 360 has is Phantasy Star Online.

I'm not sure if it is still playable on the 360, but Final Fantasy XI was actually the first MMO to be on the 360 and it was launched I think only a few months after the 360 itself launched. Like with Shadowrun being able to play with PC players, however, I think Microsoft had to cut a lot of holes in their XBL network and policies in order to get that done.

I've had some conversations with MMO developers and if I remember correctly, a lot of the reason they don't look to consoles for release is that the consoles have a slightly "walled garden" aspect to their online networks and Microsoft's infrastructure in particular doesn't take kindly to heavy server side code that MMOs require. That and the typical console user usually isn't one to not only pay for XBL, but also pay an additional fee on top of that for their MMO.

Tera had plans initially to be released on the 360. I'm curious if they are going to follow through on them or if Microsoft policies shut that down. FFXIV was PS3 destined as well till the "it is a horrible game so let's remake it" debacle. I'm less familiar with the problems in running an MMO on the PSN however.

Oh. Apparently The Secret World is also supposed to be released on the 360. Think that got nixed as well though.

This comment was edited on Jul 10, 2012, 11:14.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo