Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Consolidation

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

8. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 5, 2012, 14:05 Tumbler

PS4, Xbox 720 "will fail if they let retail dictate game pricing".

Assuming they mean a price point high enough to give retail a cut of the revenue then I'd say that is accurate. Selling games digitally for $20-$30 would probably help the gaming industry in a big way.

The new game prices are offensive. Competition should be driving the prices down but publishers are just chopping up what you get in the retail boxes and asking for more money for those parts to somehow offset the greater number of people that are waiting to buy until the price comes down or buying used when the real value of the product has time to bring the price down.

The only games I'm buying new at launch these days are $30 and under. Sins Rebellion (special offer for Sins owners), Civ V, techically I bought diablo 3 at launch but that was more about witnessing first hand the whole experience that is Shopping 3. (inside joke? There was an alternate title for Diablo 3...)

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo