Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steam Top 10

Here's Valve's list of the 10 bestselling games on Steam for this past week:

1. Arma II Combined Operations
  2. Civilization V: Gods & Kings
  3. Damn of War II Complete Pack
  4. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Collection 2
  5. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  6. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Future Soldier
  7. Warhammer 40,000 Space Marine
  8. Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion
  9. Max Payne 3
  10. Spec Ops: The Line

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

50. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 2, 2012, 15:35 PHJF

If you keep up with gaming news and pay attention to the details, you can usually get a good sense for how a game will end up.

No, you can't. I've had my share of experiences being burned on games that were touted as the best thing since sliced bread and then ended up being shit. No one can KNOW whether a game is good or not before the game is RELEASED. I can buy Max Payne 3 for $30 because it's been out for a month. This was the perfect example of a game which ten years ago I might have purchased on day one because it was presented so well (Rockstar know how to sell games). But lo and behold, it releases to tepid response and, in four short weeks, I find it at a price point far more deserving of the product being delivered, not the product being sold.

And who says I haven't played it already? I've made it abundantly clear I own a PS3 and surely somebody as well versed as you in pirating PC games knows the ease with which anyone can trial anything.

Word of mouth can be useful but again, the only opinion that really matters is your own.

If you believed that, you wouldn't be posting on forums. After a game is released it has enough exposure, critical and layman, for objective opinions to be formed. Not before. Everything else is just hype... especially the fevered ravings of E3 attendees presented in all their shaky-cam glory.

This comment was edited on Jul 2, 2012, 16:55.

Steam + PSN: PHJF
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo