Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Diablo III RMAH Issues

A thread on the Diablo III forums has a complaint from a user who claims to have been charged $149.99 for an item in the Real-Money Auction House for Diablo III after bidding on an item they say was posted at $0.00. They offer evidence to support this claim as well indications that the bug they encountered is still occurring. On a semi-related note, this thread has the account from a user claiming to have lost a Battle.net balance of $200.00 after changing the region on their account, while this one is from someone who says they called the FBI to report Blizzard for wire fraud, alleging having never received a $49.99 payment for an item they sold. These threads have attracted a lot of attention from users, but so far have received no official "blue" comments from Blizzard. Thanks Joao and Blend Games.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

38. Re: Diablo III RMAH Issues Jul 1, 2012, 07:14 ASeven

RollinThundr wrote on Jul 1, 2012, 04:01:
RailWizard wrote on Jul 1, 2012, 02:53:
RollinThundr wrote on Jul 1, 2012, 00:40:
Incidentally that rumor that Vivendi is looking to sell Activision? It's actually true. Bloomberg has a story about it. http://tinyurl.com/6qhn3pq

Their stock price has fallen steadily since 2008 as has every other major publisher from EA, to Take Two, to THQ. I honestly would not at all be surprised to see another industry crash like 84 coming within the next couple years.

hah. Yeah I've been saying this for awhile. The bubble is obvious.

For sure, between ballooning budgets where you need to sell 5 million copies just to break even, and in Activision/Blizzard's case of milking franchises dry like Guitar Hero, CoD, and Wow, the party times for the industry had to run out at some point. You can't be profitable when you're spending upwards of 100 million plus for AAA title development, and in extreme cases like The Old Republic blowing millions on voice acting alone. That bubble is going to eventually break.

Vivendi owns 60% of Activision and this isn't the first time in the last couple years I've heard they were debating selling. The suck part of that whole merger was the immediate killing of pretty much ever Sierra franchise known to man.

Damn, I've been saying this here for at least a year. Glad people are starting to see the writing on the wall.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo