Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Funcom Plans LEGO Minifigure MMOG

Funcom announces development of a new MMOG based on LEGO minifigures, apparently undeterred by the fairly rapid failure of LEGO Universe, which triggered the demise of developer Netdevil. "The market for family-friendly online experiences intended for children and youngsters is brimming with potential," says Funcom CEO Trond Arne Aas. "Being able to work with a world-renowned brand such as the LEGOŽ brand to develop an MMO for this audience is incredibly exciting to us as game developers and for Funcom as a company. This is source material we all know and love and we simply cannot wait to get started working with the LEGO Group on realizing this exciting project." Here's more:

The massively multiplayer online game that Funcom will develop based on the LEGOŽ Minifigures franchise will focus on maximum accessibility. Funcom and the LEGO Group will work together to make the game available to consumers in their online channels and will be coordinating activities to provide a broad and enhanced experience for the product line. The game will be a prominent part of the LEGOŽ Minifigures online experience which already has millions of unique visitors per month.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

3. Re: Funcom Plans LEGO Minifigure MMOG Jun 28, 2012, 11:05 Spektr

Blackhawk wrote on Jun 28, 2012, 09:56:
your primary audience doesn't have money,

Indeed, with the number of video games market gurus out there it's surprising that it hasn't occurred to them yet.

The failure of Lego universe in the wake of the huge success of a game like Minecraft should leave a lot to think about.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo