Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - PC Ghost Recon: Future Soldier

Ubisoft announces the Windows edition of Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier is now available in North America, offering a PC enhanced edition of the latest installment in the military shooter series. The game is available via digital distribution on the UBIShop, and here's a list of PC features:

• Support DX11 (adding stunning amount of visual details on characters through displacement mapping, as well as some global illumination effects)
  • More complex materials (like parallax occlusion mapping or gloss and specular maps)
  • Improved dynamic lighting
  • Volumetric lighting effects
  • Soft shadows
  • Improved post-processing with better HDR and motion blur
  • Playable with keyboard and mouse, or with wired and wireless X360 pads
  • Windows XP patch coming shortly after release

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

42. Re: Ships Ahoy - PC Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Jun 27, 2012, 15:17 Dmitri_M

Verno wrote on Jun 27, 2012, 15:14:
All true, but really there's no point explaining to the idiots who missed the OFP\ArmA boat. It's like missing Quake or Doom and now saying they're shit.

Not really, those games had simple control systems and core concepts that were easier to grasp. I'm sure people would be much more open to revisiting the games if you didn't call them names and such. For example if you had been specific like Jedi Master about what exactly to tweak it would be genuinely helpful as opposed to pointlessly derisive.
I have been "specific" for years and years and years and have responded to 100s of posts here and on other forums accommodating people who can't control this game. You won't bother to look but it's all in my post history. Really, at some point you just have to let people who are lazy sink. You cannot grasp a FPS with a different way of doing things? Poor things.

If that PHJF character a bunch of posts down bitches yet again about the game, I'm supposed to yet again defend it? Nah. I'm happy to respond though. I enjoyed typing it out and I'm satisfied you took the time out of your exceptionally busy day to respond too.

This comment was edited on Jun 27, 2012, 15:24.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo