Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Diablo III Patch Reduces Item Wear

Blizzard announces a new patch is now live for Diablo III in the Americas, updating their action/RPG sequel to version 1.0.3a. The new version addresses several bugs and also reduces the amount of "wear-and-tear" damage to items by 50% (not to be confused with the 10% item endurance death penalty).

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

39. Re: Diablo III Patch Reduces Item Wear Jun 27, 2012, 11:01 Alamar

Julio wrote on Jun 27, 2012, 06:35:
They increased the feeling the game is like being at work, with grinding out less 'take home' gold due to excessive repair costs from wear and tear from mob killing. Pre-1.03, I might have had one drop that was better than what was on the AH. Then patch 1.03 lowered the drop rate of rare items as well, making it more likely you have to go to the AH for gear.

Uhm... What?

1.03 drop rates increased (unless you're only doing 5 packs and a boss runs, but that's far too boring to comment on : ), and better gear is available earlier...

Minus the apparent Act III/IV drop rate bug (which I don't believe targets rares), that's being fixed this week.

Theo wrote on Jun 27, 2012, 08:28:
InBlack wrote on Jun 27, 2012, 08:03:
Boohoo some more? Fuck that.

To be honest, as a life long D2 player (and d1 for that matter); i honestly think that most of the crying is from people "thought" that they were going to be in to the game for year to come; the truth is though they are just casual action RPG fans.

If a game gave you over 100 hours fun; regardless of long term appeal; it was proabably worth the money.

I am still playing - all tho now down to a few days a week (inf solidy on farm), still enjoying the game and dont mind the balance changes at all. my mate was bitching about repair cost, so we did a act1/2 run in inf. we made litterally well over 700k in gold - post repair bills. what. the. f. is the problem.

As a counter to this, which I think is valid for yourself, and myself... Is that while you can have these results, that doesn't mean the general populace does, and that's who is complaining...

For me, the day 1.03 came out, I found Act II challenging, and was having a great time... The next day, it felt like there was a stealth nerf, because I was doing badly... And silly me, still thinking the Blacksmith might be useful, spent my last 200k on some 5-stat belts (dropped recipe), and then died a bunch of times in Act II, and didn't have enough for repairs...

So here's what I did... I logged into the D3 forums, and wrote up a nice long post (in my own thread, because surely there weren't enough before that) bitching about how much the change sucked and blah blah... </sarcasm>

What I actually did, was run through Act I again, and netted a similar amount... I also got like 50 rares, which most were garbage, but that's a genre thing, not a D3 thing : ) The big money maker for me, however, was giving up on the BS... lvl 60 gear is worth 1.5-2.5k vended... So 48 or so of those rares made me about 100k, and the collected gold was another few hundred... Now I'm 'sitting pretty'...

Btw, for 'full disclosure', I once had 1 mil gold, but have never had the crapton that people seem to think everyone else has : ) I don't buy expensive shit on the AH (though expensive is relative - my highest, and only one time, was about 300k).

-Alamar

This comment was edited on Jun 27, 2012, 11:08.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo