Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013 Demo

Steam now offers a playable demo for Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013, the latest installment in the computer game series based on the collectable card game. There are no details on the demo, so here's word on the game itself: "In the latest version of this hit franchise, play with friends or the AI as you travel across fantastic planes, take on new encounters and opponents, solve challenging puzzles, and face up to three other players in the Planechase multiplayer format. After honing your skills, pit yourself against the ultimate villain of the Multiverse, the dragon Planeswalker Nicol Bolas. Featuring ten customizable decks, Magic 2013 offers new features including individual records for your game play, new game items to unlock, and, for those already skilled in slinging spells, the option to choose what lands to tap when you cast your spells." Thanks Frans.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

3. Re: Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013 Demo Jun 24, 2012, 19:30 MisterBenn

MTG Online is the money sink, not this one. Duels of the Planeswalkers was incredibly cheap for 2012, the game itself was under 15, I don't recall, and there were 3 DLCs of 1.99 each that added a total of 8 new decks. I played that over 100 hours and much longer than that modding in more cards and decks with the unofficial tools, it's the best value for money game I've played in a while.

The 2013 iteration is 6.99! Even with just the vanilla decks I'd recommend this straight away to someone who enjoys playing Magic. I've never touched a real card in my life, I just play this on the basis of it being a turn based strategy game with very good rules and AI.

Playing: Path of Exile, Trials Evolution, Magic 2014.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo