Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - Quantum Conundrum

The Windows edition of Square Enix's puzzle game Quantum Conundrum is now available via digital distribution, offering the first game designed by Kim Swift since her huge success with Valve's Portal. The game is on GameStop PC Downloads and Steam, with the latter also offering a season pass that adds the soundtrack and two upcoming DLC packs. For those interested in the console versions, GameInformer reports the game will arrive on PSN on July 10th and XBLA on July 11th. Presumably an embargo just lifted, because there are hot-off-the-presses (or the internet equivalent thereof) reviews of Quantum Conundrum on Computer and Video Games, Digital Spy, GameInformer, GameSpy, IGN Video, Kotaku, PCMag.com, Rock, Paper, Shotgun, VentureBeat, The Verge, and Wired.com. There is also a snippet with Kim Swift about games as toys on Wired.com, a Kim Swift profile on IGN, and a conversation with her about the new game's present and future on Rock, Paper, Shotgun. Finally, here's the description of the game:

When you, as a young boy, are dropped off to visit your uncle, you notice something’s wrong. First, he’s not there to greet you. Second, there’s the explosion that happened right as you arrived. And third, the house seems to be even weirder than you remembered it. Now, your job is to find—and ultimately rescue—your uncle, by using his newest invention, the Interdimensional Shift Device (or IDS), to switch between dimensions and solve puzzles. That sofa too heavy to move? There’s a dimension for that! Switch to Fluffy Dimension and that sofa is now light as a feather. Need to get up to a high ledge? There’s a dimension for that! Just switch to Anti-Gravity Dimension and things begin to float upward. Need to make things heavier? There’s a dimension for th—well, you get the idea. Switch dimensions in real time, work your way through the crazy complex mansion wings and rescue your uncle!

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

3. Re: Ships Ahoy - Quantum Conundrum Jun 21, 2012, 15:32 reisub

The 3 letters D L C means I won't be picking this up any time soon, but it looks fun.

edit: On the other hand http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/06/21/quantum-conundrum-review/

This comment was edited on Jun 21, 2012, 15:55.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo