the release of a new automatic patch for Sid Meier's Civilization V
. Among the changes to the turn-based strategy sequel is Steam Workshop support:
- Steam Workshop enabled.
- DLL swapping is now possible in-game.
- Updated mod browser to utilize Steam Workshop.
- Font Icons are now moddable.
- Unit art is now fully moddable.
- Mods are now activated the moment you click "Next" on the mods browser rather than when you click "Single Player."
[ADVISORS & TUTORIALS]
- Improved the queuing and prioritization of advisor pop-ups.
- Unique advisor portraits per era now show up for the advisor counsel screens and advisor info screens.
- Adjusted advisor levels down a bit so that experienced users won't see so many tutorials.
- Fixed several issues with the Tutorials.
- When selecting "Learn as you play," all tutorial messages are now enabled despite having your options set to "No Advisors."
- When switching players in hotseat, have the new players existing notifications rebroadcast to them. This allows the player to see non-expired notifications such as deal proposals.
- Fix Diplomacy Deals in Hotseat.
- Add a few multiplayer error messages to let the player know what went wrong (disconnects, gets booted, etc.).
- Add invite button to in-game view. (This brings up the Steam Invite list, which is different from the Shift-TAB overlay).
- Main Menu now contains an option to activate/deactivate specific DLCs.
- Quick combat and Quick Movement options are now part of the Options menu and can be changed during gameplay.
- Options menu now contains "Skip intro video."
- New Loading screens have been implemented.
- Diplomacy: Disabled modifiers for trying to win the same way.
- Diplomacy: Layout changes to diplo modifiers for better readability and more information.
- Mods and DLC used in a game are now stored in the Hall of Fame database (Only games which match currently active DLC are displayed in the Hall of Fame).
- The "Time Spent" message now displays in the saved replays.
- Load Replay Menu now defaults to "Sort by Last Modified."
- Added a "Retire" button to the game menu.
- In some cases, previous saves may not work correctly after updating.
- Several text bugs fixed (in all languages).
- Prevent escape from being used when a leader requests a luxury resource from you.
- Social policies may not be unlocked unless the player has founded at least 1 city.