Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Diablo III Hotfixes

The list of Diablo III Hotfixes reflects a couple of bug fixes that went live a couple of days ago in Blizzard's action/RPG sequel:

• Players can no longer gain achievements they have not earned by joining a Public Game with someone who has earned those achievements
  • Monks can no longer infinitely stack the damage buff from Combination Strike by changing weapons.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

61. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes Jun 15, 2012, 12:19 Verno

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jun 15, 2012, 10:26:
Some of the complaints of the game I get - but most of them are funny....as though people never played D2, and forget that they had to play THOUSANDS of hours to get the gear they want - and are now crying at 100 hours of D3....

The console games have made you think that you don't need to play a game more than 1x through....

Eh I can't agree with that, seems like just selectively reading what you want to from peoples comments. It's not just about how long it takes to obtain it, its about how its obtained and the quality of the loot itself.

Also no you didn't have to play thousands of hours with D2 to get loot you can use, that's a fallacy. There is a ton of amazing low level loot in Diablo 2, in fact quite a few builds are arranged around low level items. Diablo 2 was great because you're always getting cool stuff, it didn't entirely revolve around an end game like an MMO or something. There were a shitload of low level sets, uniques and other things like gambling and so on, that's without going into the games quests which had better rewards like skill points and so on. In fact quite a number of people NEVER hit the level cap in Diablo 2 but still had a great time playing because it was a good game at all level ranges.

As someone else said, for every addition to this game they removed some important nuance from Diablo 2 and nowhere is that more apparent than loot collection. It's not like its an unfixable disaster or something, it's a good but flawed game much like D2 was at release. Maybe they will flesh it out and fix things up but I think peoples complaints are pretty justified.

This comment was edited on Jun 15, 2012, 12:28.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Fall, The Walking Dead, Leon
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo